Friday, August 10, 2012

On Typos, Part Two: An Explanation

I was told by someone (whose opinion I respect highly) that my first post regarding my experience with religion was merely a "telegraphing" on the subject - that I essentially failed to provide anything substantive in terms of what really happened.

I agree.

I have no defense. Just a weak explanation for my cowardice.


Unfortunately, the events of the past have not been properly sorted or compartmentalized in a way that separates the experience from the destruction caused.

You see, it isn't in the past. It's part of my emotional and spiritual atmosphere.

Its omnipresence lingers with a "yellow smell."


So this is the best I can do right now.

Because I'm not healed enough or brave enough.

So my writing about it will be like lifting a layer of film.

Tipping it toward the light.  

Which, admittedly,  might be artificial. Or tainted.  Or dull.

Then examining it through whatever fractured understanding I might have culled over the years.

It's a telegraphing, sure.

But it's a damn start.








1 comment:

  1. It is a great start! You are a brave lady for sharing even a small bit of something so personal!
    XoXo.

    ReplyDelete